Running?????HELP

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/07 12:33 am
Jogging more like...was one of my fitness goals pre op.  I would like to try it, yeah even in this insanely cold and icky weather...BUT I have a rather embarassing question.....Here goes.... I have lost almost 100 pounds and I'm sure that some of you have a similar problem.  But it is with my extra "tire".  I have the lower "tire" in what I guess is referred to as the panni.  But I also have one between that and my breasts, above the belly button.  It is by far the think I like about myself the least.  It is rather gross and when I do jog for a short distance that thing bounces and hurts like a dickens.  It's like my extra set of boobs!!    Great visual huh?  Sorry about that.    I guess my question is, Is there any product out there that one could wear to strap that sucker down?  I thought of a "girdle" but there HAS to be a better option out there.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sporty Jill
on 12/6/07 9:29 am - Norfolk, VA

Mine was bad, but not that bad.  But..I would think a PS binder - the type used for the TT - might help. But....GREAT for you for working on your goal!!!!

See ya on the road!

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Scott William
on 12/7/07 1:59 am
Maybe a compression top like under armor.  Try a smaller size than you would normally and put a regular shirt over it.  I just let my pannus flop around.  It sounds funny but on the other hand it doesn't hurt.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Sheli
on 12/7/07 9:09 am - Bath, ME
Seriously...I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!! My muscles on my ribs are still killing me from the 1/2 mile I ran 2 days ago..and my upper thighs feel bruised. I swear my belly was beating against them.
I have no great answer but If you find one please share...i want to get healthier but the spare fat is killing me!
Sheli

pre-op 246, surgery day 228, goal 145, current 140.5,
deb_m
on 12/10/07 7:14 am - Sanford, NC
Go for compression garments.  I just started running and they work wonders.  I didn't want to spend a whole lot starting out.  I think the ones I bought were Hanes.  I got them at K-Mart, you know...in the underwear section.  (they're pretty much girdle-like.)  I bought shorts that cover my thighs, along with a tank-style top.  I put the tank on, pulled down over my hips, then cover up "the problem area" again with the bottoms.  It worked great, not to mention made me look slimmer.    Good luck!
Deb
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker 

Most Active