Tuesday workout

Earl C.
on 12/4/07 10:18 am - Circleville, OH

1st workout before work 15 min warmup Incl DB Press Flat DB Press Incline Discus Flyes Cybex Tricep Dips 8:15 to 9 pm @ Work gym 10 min warmup 1 Arm DB Press Cable Side Laterals DB Concentration Curls superset Cable French Press DB Hammer Curls superset Pushdowns Decline Situp DB Twists Earl

The best exercise to lose fat is…the one that you will do.

MaryS
on 12/4/07 10:38 am - Long Island, NY
Earl, I'm going to follow your 2 workout lead... 1st workout before work - aboout a 2.5 mile run.  I'm in Texas for a class for work and I got out and ran this morning.  It is times like this that really love my Garmin satellite watch - it tracked the distance for me.  I didn't write it down, so I don't remember the exact distance; but I will be able to upload it to my computer when I get home and I love that! After class - walking around the mall for about an hour. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

shoop727
on 12/4/07 10:56 am - CA
Hope you don't mind if I chime in too, I need to be accountable somewhere... I did upperbody work today--I don't know all the names, but it was nautilus equipment. The usual basic stuff. I was really sore still from Sunday, so I only did one set instead of the 2 I did Sunday. I'm doing 10 per set of each upper body machine. I'll try to find out the names of the machines. So far, I've just been looking at the muscle group pictures and saying, "yeah, I need that area worked!" and then I follow the directions. I'm too shy to ask for the people to help me, but I used to do all of this years ago, so I basically remember the proper form, plus the directions are really well written on the machines. With how sore my muscles are, I know exactly what is getting worked! Feels good. Did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine first. I've been stuck on the treadmill for a couple of years now, so this is such a novelty to really work the muscles in my legs! I'm enjoying the change very much. I hope that this will make me stronger and able to run on the road/trails longer.
Earl C.
on 12/4/07 12:08 pm - Circleville, OH
Welcome! I find one the best things you can do when starting out is to jus****ch others train. Even if it's on youtube, it can go a long way in showing proper form for the exercises. Believe it or not I'm on the shy side too. Good luck Earl
Rob S.
on 12/4/07 9:14 pm - DE
Congratulations on getting into the gym. One thing I learned early on at the gym, is that the physical trainers usually don't mind showing you how to use the equipment properly.  It was definitely worth gettig their advice, since they can show you how to position your arms, elbows, etc. so that you can avoid injury.   You may also want to lower the number your doing in each set to 6-8 so that you can get in 2-3 sets.  There also is no shame in taking a break between each set.   Good luck to you.  Keep us posted. Rob
Rob S.
on 12/4/07 11:00 am - DE
6pm  I cheated and ran 5 miles on the treadmill at the gym this evening.  (Much too cold outside) 7pm 51 minute sprint spin Rob
Earl C.
on 12/4/07 12:04 pm - Circleville, OH

Yep, that SASKATCHEWAN SCREAMER is coming through Ohio right now...brrrrrrrrrr.

shoop727
on 12/5/07 9:53 am - CA
Today I did a 20/20/20 and rested my upper body. Hope you all had a good exercise day. I have to admit, I don't like the spinner thing so much, but I like the elliptical machine, and of course, I'm queen of the treadmill--so that's all good.
Most Active