I'm Running 17 Miles!!!

Kevin A.
on 11/29/07 10:12 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Saturday I'm running 17 miles in training for the L.A. marathon with AIDS Project Los Angeles. I agreed to raise $1,500 that will benefit food banks, transportation, home health care and other vital services to help keep people alive until there's a cure. If anyone interested in making a donation to help people living with HIV/AIDS and help me run a marathon please donate!!

It is tax deductible!!

Thank you Mary S. for you donation!!!

http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=LA-3171&EventCode=LA08
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 12/2/07 7:03 am - Long Island, NY
Isn't it amazing as those long runs get longer and longer.  How did it go?

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 12/2/07 8:55 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Hey Mary!!

17 miles was a good run. I don't know what it is but before big run my body starts hurting for no reason. Maybe it just nerves my left hip/leg was in pain. I was in a little pain during the run but I just keep my mind trying to control the pain and keep running!! At mile 12 my body finally felt good. I just cruise the last 5 miles. After the run I was a little sore and my feet felt raw but I felt good after running. Next big run is in 2 weeks 20 miles!! It is crazy a few months ago I was dying after a 10k!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Rob S.
on 12/3/07 1:23 am - DE
Great job, Kevin. I hope I can break that barrier soon and get to the 10-mile mark. Rob
Cassie W.
on 12/3/07 6:59 am

Glad to hear you had a good run!   My running partner and I figure we have to be distance runners, because the first three miles always seem hard and then we settle into a rhythm.  If we can get passed the first 3, we know we can finish the rest. In preparing for Philadelphia, I found that ice baths really helped speed healing after the really long runs.  I grabbed a cup of tea, put on a sweat shirt, climbed into a tub of ice water and soaked my legs for about 10 minutes.  I wasn't as sore overall and it helped keep a prior injury in check. Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MaryS
on 12/4/07 10:54 am - Long Island, NY

Kevin,

Cassie suggestion of ice baths is a good run for the muscle soreness.  I've heard that before, but I just couldn't do it!  I do use a foam roller and I think that helps a lot too.  Have you ever tried that?

I think you are going to do great during the marathon! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active