New to this forum - NEED RUNNING HELP

Scott William
on 11/27/07 4:38 am
I just let my stomach flop in the wind.  I know it's different for women, though.  Sometimes when I get in a good rhythm, I can hear it flopping against me.  It took a few weeks to figure out what that rhythmic slapping sound was. The compression shirt is a good idea.  I don't use them but I do use compression shorts to eliminate my thys rubbing together.  What you could do is get a tight compression shirt and wear a loose fitting shirt over it.   BTW, two miles now, and a 15 k in 14 weeks.  If you increase only 1/2 mile per week, you are there.  Pick a day to do a long run, perhaps a saturday.  Increase the milage 1/2 mile a week and before you know it the race will be over.  Also, you can check out Jeff Galloway who is a former olympic runner who now advocates walk breaks.  For a beginner a minute walk alternating with a minute running is not unreasonable.  Lastly, go and sign up for the race.  This way, you will guarantee yourself a shirt (if they offer them) and you will train harder.  Go do it!!!!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
B Girl
on 11/27/07 5:40 am
Thanks for the support!  The training schedule I have encourages exactly the same things you just shared with me.  At first I thought I was crazy, but then I realized this is within reach.  I'm signing up today!
LadyDi9080
on 12/4/07 4:57 am - Tallahassee, FL

Alison,

The first time I ever went out for a run, my boobs starte flappin'! That made me wonder....what do MEN do. I mean...they have things that flap while running! (Just weird how my mind works!) I use compression shorts. It helps!

Dianne from Fl

SW / GW / CW  5'10"
306 / 165 / 140
With the DS: there is no stoma, so no stoma strictures; there are no limitations (other than volume) against drinking before, during or after meals; 80% of ingested fat is malabsorbed; 98.9% of type II diabetics are CURED of this devastating disease, with data showing stable cure over 10 years out; there is the best average weight loss and most durable (average 76% excess weight loss going out 10 years) of all of the bariatric surgeries.  That's why I had a DS!

Most Active