Rebounders?

Karen D.
on 11/26/07 2:41 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15
A friend of mine on the LapBand board gave me some great advice about rebounders.  Does anyone use them here?  I find the concept interesting, my mom has had one for probably 20+ years, it never gets used and I'm sure the webbing where you jump is shot, but they've been around for decades. Just wondered what brand you might have and is it strong enough to hold more than 175lbs (which is the max weight I've seen them for so far!!)  Geez, even my DH would be cutting it close with that kind of weight limitation! Thanks! Karen
striveforhealth
on 11/26/07 7:04 am - Portsmouth, NH
Hi - What's a rebounder?

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Karen D.
on 11/26/07 7:10 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

It's a mini trampoline...sits just inches off the floor and you jog on it plus other exercises.  I'm thinking about getting one.

gaylene
on 11/26/07 10:48 pm - Redding, CA
I ordered my urban rebounder from hsn. It came with a dvd and resistance arm bands and an optional removable handle. I was always afraid of losing my balance and falling off. Most of the time I jump on it and I hold onto the handle. I have a bad knee and I don't have problems when I use this machine. This machine was able to accept my weight and up to 300 lbs. You can also order it at the urbanrebounding.com I use it all the time when I am watching tv. I hope this helps. Gaylene
file:///Users/gaylenemiller/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2008/Roll%2089/ohcc_gaylene.gif 252 at initial consultation, 234 Day of Lap Rny
deb_m
on 11/27/07 12:03 am - Sanford, NC
You can also get it at Dick's Sporting Goods.  My dh and I were just looking at them the other day.  Just another option for something to do while you're sitting around watching TV.
Deb
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker 

Karen D.
on 11/27/07 6:52 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Thanks ladies....now I need to find a way to break it to my DH that I want one!  The Gazelle I bought is collecting dust in the garage and I can't sell it....tried...nobody wants it!  I used it about 10 times so my DH hates to hear me say I want a piece of exercise equipment!!

I'll have to convince him.....thanks again!

KTBee
on 11/28/07 2:04 am

I got mine at Walmart.  It was about $22.  It has worked fine even when I weighed 250.  However mine doesn't have handlebars.  Let us know how it works out for you.

Katy B

150 pounds are gone!

Most Active