New article published

Earl C.
on 11/22/07 9:07 am - Circleville, OH

This is probably not the kind of thing you guys are interested in reading, but I just had another article published in this little newsletter I write for sometimes. Someone told me each issue gets about 300,000 downloads a month. If you go back through some of the old issues you will find all kinds of good training information. No workout for me today...just some good turkey. Mmmm Have a good Thanksgiving (as I sit here at work typing this) Earl http://danjohn.org/thx.pdf

Tawnya Z.
on 11/24/07 5:40 am - Brentwood, TN
Ok, I am sort of new to all of this.. but what is "throwing"?   Interesting article by the way... just didn't understand most of it. 
Moppie
"I thank thee, O my God, for all the graces thou hast bestowed on me."                     St. Therese of Lisieux

Earl C.
on 11/24/07 5:59 am - Circleville, OH
HI Moppie, I throw the Shot Put and Discus in Master's competitions (old people), like Senior Olympics stuff. I'm also training for a highland games next year I think, where they toss the caber (telephone pole) and rocks. I helped out at one this summer and they told me I have to put on a Kilt (man dress) and throw next year. Fun stuff. It's not for everyone. But the exercises and ideas in the newsletter apply to anyone.  Have a good one Earl
Tawnya Z.
on 11/24/07 7:43 am - Brentwood, TN
Well, that is cool.  :-)  I threw the shot put and discus in High School, but that was along time ago.  My son is 18 and is really into Irish and Scottish things so, he has a Kilt.  LOL.   I don't know if he will be throwing telephone polls, but it might be good for him.   As for me, I just joined a women's gym here in the area and today was my first real workout with the weights.  I feel pretty good, not to sore so I think it went ok.  Did lots of leg and arm work.  Eeehh.  Tomorrow I think I will just go and swim a bit and sit in the steam room.  (Nice thing about this gym is the pool area,)   Anyway, any great tips you have are welcomed.  :-)   Good luck with the phone poll throwing....let me know if you have a competition near Nashville.  That'd be fun to watch. 
Moppie
"I thank thee, O my God, for all the graces thou hast bestowed on me."                     St. Therese of Lisieux

Most Active