Happy Thanksgiving and Turkey Trot.

MaryS
on 11/18/07 9:56 pm - Long Island, NY

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I was wondering who is participating in a Turkey Trot this year.  My first race was my town's Turkey Trot 2 years ago.  I always dreamed of being able to do a race on Thanksgiving; it was a wonderful feeling when I did it.  I've signed up for the race this year, it is on Thursday and it is a 5 mile race.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Dan_P.
on 11/18/07 11:12 pm - Baltimore, MD
Turkey Trotter here. 5 miles. Hoping the wife and kids will come hang out and then we can journey up to my in-laws together. Weather permitting of course. Ran 5.8 on Saturday and will do another long run today and then I should be ready.
Deanna34
on 11/18/07 11:44 pm - Salem, OR

Wow, Dan!  You are more than ready ... you'll kick some serious butt on your Turkey Trot!  Have fun!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Deanna34
on 11/18/07 11:46 pm - Salem, OR
Hi Mary! Not Turkey Trot for me this year since I'm the one stuck cooking dinner on Thursday!  And all the Turkey Trots around her are an hour away from me so that doesn't leave me any time to run and cook.  Anyway, that is why I did my 10K last Saturday ... my next run is December 9th. Good luck with your 5 mile race ... that ought to be nothing compared to your marathon!!!  You'll do great! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 11/19/07 1:20 am - DE
I'm doing a 10k on Thanksgiving.  It will be my second.  Decided to take Wednesday off and do all the housework and stuff so I would be free to run on Thursday morning.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.  Good luck to you on the 5 miles (and stop smiling so much, it makes the rest of look like we're in pain.) Keep us posted. Rob
Scott William
on 11/19/07 1:42 am
I have a local one but I an still not sure if I will run it or not.  I think it's 5 miles.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
striveforhealth
on 11/19/07 8:37 am - Portsmouth, NH
Hi - We're doing a Turkey Trot on Saturday - I didn't see one around here on Thanksgiving.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Im2fun4u
on 11/19/07 4:49 pm - tacoma, WA
Turkey Trot on Thursday. Its a 5k...have no idea what the course looks like...it will be a big surprise!  Good luck to everyone!

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

Most Active