My 10K results ...

Deanna34
on 11/18/07 1:55 am - Salem, OR
Hello everyone! I ran my second 10K yesterday!  The course was actually 6.26 miles and I completed it in 1:07:01.  That is almost 3 minutes faster than my last 10K!  I was completely shocked about that because I was really doubting myself around mile 5.  I felt slow and my legs were tired and I was just sure I was going to have a slower time.  I put a picture on my profile. The day was very rainy and wet ... the course was beautiful but there were a ton of leaves and huge water puddles everywhere.  I was so worried about slipping on the leaves that I thought my pace was slower than usual but I guess I stepped up the pace somewhere along the way.  Oh, and some guy ahead of me decided to whip his shorts all the way down and pee right there alongside the path.  Not the greatest pick-me-up along the way but hey, what can ya do?! Anyway, it was great and I felt so proud that I finished with such a good time.  Just one more race under my belt!  I have a 5K coming up in about 3 weeks.   They always seem so easy after running a 10K! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 11/18/07 4:25 am - DE
Great job, Deanna! Sounds like you are getting into a groove.  Great time and sounds like your not ready to shut down yet for the winter.  Nice to see how well your improving.  I'm doing my second 10k on Thursday (Thanksgiving).  Hope I do as well. Enjoy, Rob
striveforhealth
on 11/18/07 10:04 am - Portsmouth, NH
Congats Deanna!!!    I love coming on this board and getting inspired by others who are doing what I want to do - and you're on that list.  That's great about your faster time!  I'm doing my 2nd 5K this coming Saturday.  Great job!!

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Kevin A.
on 11/18/07 9:48 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Great job!! You look great in that picture!! You look so happy and the course does look beautiful!!

Keep it up!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 11/18/07 9:53 pm - Long Island, NY

Deanna, Great job!  You did a great pace.  You should be proud!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

wjoegreen
on 11/18/07 10:35 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Nice job.  I thought you had a 1:09 on your first 10K.  But I am glad you surpassed your personal goal on this run.  You look great and your continuing effort hsa helped me stay motivated about continuing through the winter months too.  How does it feel to be a trend setter.  You and Mary have both really helped me stay motivated to get out and keep going. Congrads on your pushing through the mental barriers and besting your time.  
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Dan_P.
on 11/18/07 10:52 pm - Baltimore, MD
Way to go Deanna! Awesome report. Congrats on improving your time. On behalf of men everywhere, sorry that dude whipped it out and peed right there. Not cool.
Deanna34
on 11/18/07 11:42 pm - Salem, OR

Dan, you are so funny!  You made me laugh!   Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if this guy was cute, but he wasn't ... and he was a tad hairy.  Need I say more?  Ha, ha, ha!

Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

Deanna34
on 11/18/07 11:40 pm - Salem, OR

Hi Joe!

My first 10K time was just a few seconds shy of 1:10.  I was just shocked to get 1:07:01 on this one!

All of you guys are helping me stay motivated!  It's fun to see so many runners on this board!   Deanna

--Grace Hansen

JeremyGentles
on 11/19/07 12:05 am - Johnson City, TN
Congrats Deanna.....love to hear about your progress and successes. Keep it up!

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active