I'm Running 14 Miles Today!!

Kevin A.
on 11/16/07 10:48 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Today is my Aids Project L.A. Marathon training run of 14 miles. More than 1/2 point of a marathon and past the point of my longest run. I'm a little nervous about the run also I have 3 weeks to finish raising the $1,500 for the training so, if anyone interested in making a donation to help people living with HIV/AIDS and help me run a marathon please donate!! It is tax deductible!!

http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=LA-3171&EventCode=LA08

Wish me luck!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Rob S.
on 11/18/07 9:15 pm - DE
Hey Kevin, How did you make out on your practice run?  That is a lot of miles.  I'm hoping to do the half in March. Good luck. Rob
Kevin A.
on 11/18/07 9:42 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
The 14 miles run was good. Funny I felt better doing 14 miles than I did 2 weeks ago doing 12 miles. Some friends from OH California Board come out to do a water stop for us. Next week 7 miles then 2 weeks back up to 17 miles!!

Good luck with your training!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 11/18/07 9:51 pm - Long Island, NY
Kevin, Congratulations on getting the miles in.  Isn't it funny how a 14 mile run can go better than a 12 mile run?  There really are so many variables that can impact a run. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active