I need a bike..Which kind?

kathrynusa
on 11/10/07 11:44 am - Ellerslie, GA
Hi, I am trying to get apporved for gastric sleeve. In the mean time..I would like to know about a bike to buy..I live aout in the country with hilly roads in some places...I have what is called an auto bike which changes gears as I pedal...It doesn't to the work of coming up hills..I'm out of shape ,but do want to start biking to get strength up before surgery. I have thought about getting a bike with a motor and just use it when I'm tired if I get to far out. Any place you coul dlet me know where to look or what type of bike to get. Thanks, Kathryn and Rascal
kylev53
on 11/10/07 1:39 pm - chico, CA
I don't know what kind of bike you should get, but it should be comfortable.  I ride one of my kid's old bikes and after about 20 min my bum is so sore.  It even has a kind of cushy seat.  So make sure it is comfortable. And.....just how big is that cat?  I thought my cat was big.

kathrynusa
on 11/11/07 4:35 am - Ellerslie, GA
Rascal is three feet long not including his tail..He weights 23 pounds..He is a Maine Coon Breed. Look on my profile...Kathryn
Kelli ~.
on 11/18/07 1:00 am - Atwater, CA

Hi Kathryn, I just bought myself a Giant OCR-3 and I love it!!! It's an entry level road bike, pretty much suited for where you are at and it rides like a dream. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/1243/29271/ It's very light and easy to manage. I have a Diamondback Outlook Mtn Bike that I've been riding and boosting up my legs but it's very heavy, though I will use it to cross train...I do love my new baby!!! It runs about $750, if you buy cheap expect to be sore and not so happy. However, if you are just starting to ride, then you might want to check out craigslist.com and get a used bike that is quality made , but be sure to know what size you are...I am 5'3" so I am a frame size small. Your butt will be sore at first but you'll get used to it. I loved to ride as a kid prior to putting on 225lbs and now that it's off I am back to riding, I ride almost everyday as I've grown tired of going to the gym 5x's a week. I like getting outside when the weather is nice, however I do need to keep my training at the gym up...so MWF will be my gym days and every other day is riding the bike, if weather permits. I also suggest you get a good light for the front and back, this helps motorists to see you, and of course get helmet...you can get these things at Walmart, I got mine at the bike shop when I bought my bike...pretty comparable and the guy put it on for me.  Make sure you get to know your bike good, never ride alone if you can help it or if you do ride where there's plenty of houses. I ride in the country but there are farm houses along the way and I keep my cell with me and always tell people where I am heading. If you really want to keep information on you as you ride...go to www.RoadID.com, I got one and it lists my name, people to call and allergies and my lapband info.  Anywho, if you want more information give me a holler at [email protected]  just put in that you are from OH. Good Luck and enjoy the ride! :) Kelli

WINNIE THE POOH

Most Active