Doing a race together

MaryS
on 11/8/07 9:40 pm - Long Island, NY
We should do this!  I love this idea.  Disney sounds great.  There is a group on another message board that is doing the Las Vegas Marathon in Dec '08.  There is an option to do the Marathon or 1/2 Marathon distance, so this might be something to consider as well. If anyone is ever in NY and want to do a race, let me know!  NYRR (New York Road Runners) usually puts on 2 races a month. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Dan_P.
on 11/8/07 10:35 pm - Baltimore, MD
I'm in. I think the Disney marathon in '09 would be achievable to most.
Scott William
on 11/8/07 11:43 pm
Since I was in for Disney already, I would obviously be in for that.  The good thing about Disney is that there is a 5K on Friday, A half marathon on Saturday and the Full on Sunday.  There is a great range of races for all abilities.  I am training for the Half and Full right now for 08.  It would be nice to have a goal for 09.  I would probably only run the half though.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Deanna34
on 11/9/07 12:00 am - Salem, OR

This would be SOOOO cool!  Are you all talking about the Disney WORLD one?  Of course you'd have to pick one clear across the U.S. from ME!  Hee, hee!  Anyway, I could start saving my money ... that would be so fun! Of course I'd be up for Vegas too!  How fun would that be?!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 11/9/07 4:36 am - DE
I agree.  Doing Vegas or Disney would be really neat.   I need to start working with my surgeon to see how much of it they will cover, and then start saving some coin.  2009 would be an awesome time and really give me some motivation, and I like the idea of having the option (unlike Scott who can't make up his mind so he has to do both) of doing either the half or the full marathon. I would really like to meet some of the inspirational people from this board. Rob
Most Active