Calling all Runners!!!

Rob S.
on 11/8/07 4:18 am - DE
Hi Deana, I've got a pretty full slate through the end of the year.  I also find that when I commit to a race I have a lot more motivation, plus they are a whole lot of fun. I'm signed up for: 11/10/07 (Saturday) -5th  DSBA Race Judicata at Iron Hill Brewery 5k -Wilm., DE  11/17/07 (Saturday) -34th Turkey Trot 5k run-Newark- DE     11/22/07 (Thursday) -29th PNC Bank Run Walk for MS 10k   12/30/07 (Sunday) -14th Race Against Time 5k run   I'm still looking for at least one more official race in early December.  Probably need to look out of state.  I did pick up a sponsor last night who is going to pay all my entry fees for the next three years.    I also have signed up for the Broad Street 10-miler in May, the Ceasar Rodney (half-marathon) in March.   I will also be doing a couple of centuries (cycling) in May just to keep the bike from rusting away and feeling lonely.  Good luck to you on the upcoming runs, Rob
striveforhealth
on 11/8/07 8:04 am - Portsmouth, NH
Hi - I finished my first 5K on 11/3.  And now I've signed up for a Turkey Trot 5K on 11/24.  That's the only one I've signed up for so far, but I know more are in my future!! And the Disney 1/2 marathon sounds like a great goal!!!!!!!!!

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Scott William
on 11/8/07 1:46 pm
I usually sign up on race day for the 5K - 10K type races.  I am signed up for: Disney 1/2 marathon on Jan 12, 2008 Disney full marathon on Jan 13, 2008 Two races --- 3 medals!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 11/8/07 9:36 pm - Long Island, NY

I haven't signed up for anything yet, but I am planning to do a couple of races before the end of the year.  Right now I thinking about:

11/18 - 4 miles race 11/22 - 5 mile Turkey Trot. I need one more race to qualify for the 2008 NYC marathon.   Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/07 5:36 am
I haven't run a race yet but I'm hoping to run a 5K in December. After that I plan the Boulder Bolder (a HUGE 10K here in Colorado) but that isn't until May. I just started to run this summer but most of it is on the treadmill. The one time I ran outside I ended up falling and cracking a couple of ribs, which put me way behind on my training. I've got to admit I am a little hesitant to try outside again, that was a painful experience! I've loved coming up here and hearing everyones running experiences, it motivates me to keep running!
Most Active