Ran my first mile

ermath
on 11/7/07 1:05 am - Hammond, LA
Vicki:   You are about half-way to a 5K. . .that is definitely something to commemorate!  Soon enough we will be getting to that point and deciding that we need to set the bar even higher.  How great is this?!?!?  Best of luck to you and keep posting.  ~Erin
victoria R.
on 11/7/07 4:37 am - goose creek, SC
Erin One of my cycling instructors and she's also a good friend to me just completed an Ironman competition on Saturday in Panama City Florida.  That is a 2 mile swim, 111 mile bike ride and 26 mile run she did this in 12 hours and 32 minutes and to top that off she shows up to our cycling class to teach Tuesday she wasnt even really sore.  So I'm saying if she can do all of that then I need to increase my workouts & keep climbing out of my comfort zone.  So I'm getting ready for my Weds. night cycling class I probably won't run again until Saturday I only do it with a trainer I workout with once or twice a week she has been coaching me through this and I don't think I would be having this conversation with you right now if it wasnt for her, she is the best PT ever...She understands my struggles because she has been there.... vicki
JeremyGentles
on 11/7/07 12:53 am - Johnson City, TN
You certainly deserve a big CONGRATS! You and so many people I meet here and all over the country at events are truly an inspiration to me and many other. Keep up the great work and keep us informed about all of your accomplishments! Take care and let me know if I can help in anyway.

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

ermath
on 11/7/07 1:20 am - Hammond, LA
I'm not sure I deserve a big congrats, but, nevertheless, I'll take it. Thanks, Jeremy!
Scott William
on 11/7/07 1:11 am
Congrats.  Don't downplay the importance of the first mile.  You can't go 3K, 5M, 10K, Half Marathon or marathon without the first mile.  Keep pushing it a little farther.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
ermath
on 11/7/07 1:19 am - Hammond, LA
The only place I have to go is forward, Scott. . . I'm a bit of a praise glutton (nice substitute for overeating!), and so, until I'm told to shut up by the masses, I'll continue to post by "accomplishments".  Thanks for keeping us newbies entertained and inspired. . . ~Erin
Most Active