I did it!

MaryS
on 11/4/07 10:39 pm - Long Island, NY
I will post more about the experience later, but I just wanted to say that I did it!  This was me yesterday - !  My cheeks hurt from smiling.  I think I was smiling the whole 26.2 miles.  Believe it or not it was easier than any half marathon I've done.  And yes, I think I will do it again next year.  I finished in 5:27:06 (which was a couple of minutes faster than Katie Holmes). Thanks for all the good wishes! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 11/5/07 12:11 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Wow!! What a great time!! You should be very proud!! You now apart of the 1% of the world that have finished a marathon!!! Congrats!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Scott William
on 11/5/07 1:08 am
Way to go Mary.  What a great day for it.  Congrats.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Earl C.
on 11/5/07 1:31 am - Circleville, OH
Congratulations Mary! That's just awesome. Earl
Deanna34
on 11/5/07 2:18 am - Salem, OR

Woo hoo, Mary!!!!  You are so awesome!!!  Way to go!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

wjoegreen
on 11/5/07 2:57 am - Colonial Heights, VA
That is incredible.  You have my admiration.  I look forward to the more about your experience later. I've been stuck at 10K and am hesitate to scared-to-death to try a 26 miler.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Rob S.
on 11/5/07 9:20 am - DE
Great job, Mary.  I can't imagine moving for that many hours.  I always seem to have a pained look on my face when I run.  I can't believe that you found it easy.  I have the greatest admiration for you. Keep us in the loop. Rob
striveforhealth
on 11/5/07 11:39 am - Portsmouth, NH
Wahoo!!  Good job, Mary!!    Can't wait to hear more about it! Becky

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Im2fun4u
on 11/5/07 5:34 pm - tacoma, WA
Great Job Mary! I read your time and before I read the next line you wrote I said to myself " That was faster than Katie Holmes." I guess great minds think alike!  You must feel amazing! Look forward to hearing more about it!  Liz

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

Dan_P.
on 11/5/07 10:05 pm - Baltimore, MD
Congrats Mary! I was thinking of you on Sunday. Katie Holmes has nothing on you!
Most Active