Best Exercise for Inner Thigh, Droopy Butt and Tummy

Lisa Eason
on 11/1/07 9:44 am - Mount Sterling, KY

Can you possibly tone up your inner thighs, droopy butt.  I walk a lot and use some weight training.  I need to know what is best for these specific areas.

Earl C.
on 11/1/07 11:07 am - Circleville, OH
Squats and lunges or on a good day stair stepper.  There's a lot of machines most women (I know it's not PC but...it's true) like to use that target the inner and outer thigh but they are generally a waste of time.  People don't like to do squats and lunges because they're hard to do. They're hard to do because they work. Earl
Somayeh
on 11/1/07 5:18 pm - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
I've had "bad knees" since I was 12.  They've stayed with me from 220 lbs. on down to 150 lbs., right back up to 311 lbs. and down to 211 lbs (which is where I am today).  Lunges and squats cause lingering pain in my knees if I do any more than 1 set of 12.  I heard there were excercises to strengthen the muscles directly around the knees so they take the brunt of the pressure and ease the strain off of my knees, but nobody's been able to give me any specific direction.  Any ideas? Thanks :) Somayeh
Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
Earl C.
on 11/4/07 1:51 pm - Circleville, OH
Ok...I have bad knees too. First, please read this article and look at the picture of the guy squatting on the box at the bottom.  Notice how his knees do not go forward. He is sitting "back". I find I have almost no knee pain squatting like this and I have bad knees too. Sitting on the box or bench makes this easier to do and learn, start with no weight. It's more of a hip and hamstring  builder squatting like this but if you're knees are bad, bodybuilder squats will not work. http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do;jsessionid=F7C824B56C 4BE5A6A2C784E10B60DFEE.hydra?id=459391 Second, I always wear a neoprene sleeve on my knees and elbows to keep the joints warm and they give me a little bit of extra support. The link below is just an example. I got mine at Dick's sporting goods and they are a little cheaper. But this is basically what I use. http://www.criticalbench.com/tommy-kono-knee-bands.htm And third, for anyone that wants to squat but has bad knees, learn how to wrap your knees for extra support. You can get a knee wrap at most gyms or sporting good stores or online. This video is a powerlifter wrapping his very tightly. You really don't need to do that. I use a softer wrap and don't put it on as tight, but I do use the same method he is using. I put this on over my neoprene sleeve and my sweats. It makes a huge difference for someone with bad knees. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5q3PjmXw3w Don't get freaked by the powerlifters in the article or demo video, you don't have to turn into a powerlifter to use their methods. Good luck Earl
Judy B.
on 11/4/07 7:42 pm - Marion, VA
Somayeh Just my two cents..but i have been doing squats now for about 2 months ...when i first started them..it hurt my knees..come to find out i was doing them wrong.  Correct form is a must!  When you squat down make sure you are putting your weight on your heels and not your toes and that you are not leaning forward but back a bit.  Best wishes

RNY (8-15-05)
Tummy Tuck (anchor cut) [6-19-07]

Deanna34
on 11/2/07 2:17 am - Salem, OR

I agree with Earl ... squats, squats, and more squats!  You might try the elliptical too.  I swear it makes my butt look better!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Judy B.
on 11/4/07 7:44 pm - Marion, VA

Lisa

Inner thighs, I have been doing a ball ..Like a soccer ball between my thighs and sqeezing the heck out of it every day..they are toning up a bit..believe me i have alot of sagging skin there and it has helped me.  Then I work out at the gym 4 days a week doing their machines..I have noticed a difference there as well. As for the droopy butt..squats squats squats...I have beendoing those every day for 2 months and my butt looks good now...even hubby has commented on it.  It takes persistence and not giving up...results take a while..but they will come if you are persistent in your training. 

Best wishes

RNY (8-15-05)
Tummy Tuck (anchor cut) [6-19-07]

Most Active