Wow! I didn't know this forum existed!

jfn120201
on 10/27/07 11:03 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hi!  I'm Tracie.  I had RNY 2 years ago, lost 122 pounds (145 at 5'3").  I got pregnant after my weight stablized.  I gained 25 during the pregnancy (exercising throughout) and have lost all but 5 pounds since my son's delivery.  I was completely non-active before WLS.  During my weightloss, I got addicted to exercise.  I started with walking, then started working with a personal trainer and taking spinning and pilates classes.  Since I had my son (3/13/07), I've been going to the gym 5 days a week and taking any class they offered.  Recently I started running.  There is an annual charity 5K at my job that I walked for the first time after my WLS.  Then last year I walked it (5 months pregnant) and beat my time by 3 minutes.  Last week I ran it for the first time and I'm siked!!!  I have another 5K planned for November and another in December.  My goal is to participate in a triathlon in April.  The more I exercise; the more I love it.  I don't know if I'll ever lose the extra skin around my tummy without surgery, but darn if I'm not going to try!   Today I rode 9 miles on the bike (3 miles pulling my 2 sons in the trailer, and 6 by myself on my new hybrid), and I ran 1 mile w/the baby in the jogging stroller.  Anybody else do triathlons???? Tracie

Tra - mom to Jeremy(post-WLS) & Jamie (pre-WLS) & #3 due 2/23/13

100_1449-1.jpg picture by tbn122074_photo

rebecca8933
on 10/27/07 10:57 pm - Netherlands

Congratulations!!!

Good for you that you lost all that weight and have excerised the 'baby fat' off!!

I'm getting back into exercise myself and I am enjoying it as well. I'm only 9 months out and am still working toward my goal weight but YES!!!!!!

I'm interested in starting to run also - there are lots of marathons here .... but I need to work myself up to it.

A Triathlon sounds REALLY great - thanks for the ideas as  now I'm thinking about it!

Again - CONGRATULATIONS! AWESOME MOMMY!!!

Surgeon, Dr. Dillemans - Belgium
Becky

KRWaters
on 10/28/07 9:09 am - Manteca, CA
Awsome journey. Congrats on your desire to continuing exercising. Wish I could do it more, but have spinal stenosis in my back and very limited on what I can do. I used to walk 2 miles 4-5 days a week, but can't cause of back. I was doing water aerobics all summer on my own in apartment pool. I need to do something until I can get my back fixed or this weight off. Going for the DS in a few months.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

MaryS
on 10/28/07 10:07 am - Long Island, NY

Great job on the exercise - especially keeping it while you were pregnant!  I'm with you on loving exercise.  I haven't done any triathons - but I'm thinking about it.  I'm doing my first marathon next Sunday!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

BigOleTriGuy
on 10/28/07 3:11 pm - Alexandria, LA
Wow, Im so glad to find this place too.  I have been doing this all alone except for some recent support on another board here at OH.  My name adn blog are BigOleTriGuy.  I started at 495 17 months ago and couldn;'t wal to the mailbox without a break and in July I dod my first Triathlon at 295.  I trained, get somewaht proficient and finished dead last, but I finished and I got so much support from the entire crowd it was amazing,  the feelings of accomplishement were great and I would like to find a group of others that have made some strides adn dealt with the aftermath,  there is some stuff I feel that ohters may be feeling that only we really understand.   ie - the lull after a big accomplishment, after the shower of people telling you all that great stuff you did, adn how you did something, but Im still on  a journey, I ain't done yet, but my mind says "I did it" "it's over" what can I complete next, only it's isn't over, I still have more to lose and I get a bit grumpy at myself for skippng workouts and slacking on training, I guess Im not a great self motivator but especially need some comrades foing int he same direction with some of the same battles.  Any of this sound familiar.   ok, thats it for now, I got to get tot bed, but Il will be back to this board and hope to see soem of you around,   emile aka bigoletriguy
Most Active