ROAD ID

Kelli ~.
on 10/24/07 11:20 am - Atwater, CA
I wanted to inform all of you whom are working out whether cycling, running or other forms of exercise to think about getting what is called a ROAD ID, you can check out the website at www.ROADID.com I bought one and I really like it, you can wear it on your wrist, ankle, even have clip on id's for shoes or dog tags. It's a good idea to keep information on you when you are out exercising and letting EMT's know that you've had WLS. I know for me it's important cause i have the Lapband. The price is $21 for the wristband model and it's really nice and I am impressed with it. I just wanted to pass this along to all of you for your safety and family's peace of mind when you out hitting the pavement.  Kelli
WINNIE THE POOH

stitch0102
on 10/24/07 10:51 pm - Jersey Shore, PA
I got one a couple months ago.  I do a lot of bike riding and don't like to bring my wallet.  I have a couple friends phone numbers on it and RNY/Gastric Bypass and the ate on it.  It's a great idea.  I've even started wearing it on my walks.  It's a small price to pay.  They have a plan now where you can subscribe to a Web based system.  The band has an access code for medical personnel to use when accessing a  web site.  You add additional info to the site like your doctor's info, etc.

September 2006...415 lbs.
April 12, 2007...surgery...285 lbs.    Goal...210     Current...181

Kelli ~.
on 10/25/07 10:38 am - Atwater, CA
Yea, I seen that they do have the website one...maybe I'll try the other one later down the road.  Kelli
WINNIE THE POOH

Scott William
on 10/25/07 2:16 am
That's a good idea because of the roads I run on.  I will get hit sometime.  Hopefully it's later than sooner.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active