I did it and thank you!

sharyn_pear
on 10/23/07 1:49 pm - Australia
Thank you for the comments.. they mean a lot!  I woke up at 4am with a blinding headache (I'd been looking after my sick mother and thought uh oh I've caught what she had).  But damn it.. I'd paid my entry fee and I was going in it!!  So on two aspirins, an anti-inflammatory and a cup of Gatorade off I went.  Dumb I know.. but hey I would have kicked myself to death if I hadn't tried.  If I pushed it my head started thumping so I just decided to take it easy and finish.  I stopped at all the water stations and had a few sips and finished the 10kms in one hour and fifteen minutes.  I'm lucky the 'stomach troubles' didn't start until two hours after the race   I've been off work sick ever since lolol.  I've put a couple of photos on my profile of coming up to the finishing line and afterwards. Sharyn
Scott William
on 10/23/07 9:32 pm
Way to go!  It was a good thing that you pre-paid.  That is always a good motivator.  BTW, is that a Yankee hat I see.  I knew you were a smart gal. Congrats.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
sharyn_pear
on 10/23/07 10:42 pm - Australia
lol yes Scott it is a Yankee hat.  My husband is a New Yorker......... he is in the US at the moment visiting family so I thought I'd wear it for him . Sharyn
MaryS
on 10/23/07 11:14 pm - Long Island, NY

Sharyn,

Great job!  Congratulations on getting out there even though you didn't feel well.  Isn't it amazing what we do now?!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Earl C.
on 10/24/07 11:08 am - Circleville, OH
Good job Sharyn, Good to see you stick it out. You run better sick than most people do healthy. Earl

Jerry West You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.

Most Active