My First Marathon

Chris S.
on 10/22/07 9:43 pm - SC
Wish me luck--my first marathon is this Sunday in Greenville SC. Its a small one, only about 200 people enter, part of a healthy living series. I'm running the Spinx Runfest 26.2 mile marathon this Sunday in downtown Greenville. I've been training hard and with the support of many in my support group I am ready for this.  Any last words of advice?   Scott? Chris

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.....John Bingham aka The Penguin

MaryS
on 10/22/07 10:37 pm - Long Island, NY

Chris,

Best of luck!  I hope you have great weather and a great run.  I'll be thinking about you Sunday, let us know how it goes.  It will be my turn a week after you - I'm so excited!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Deanna34
on 10/23/07 1:35 am - Salem, OR
Well, you know my advice ... carry a snot rag with you!  Ha, ha!  Also, lip balm.  Make sure you use the aid stations ... keep an easy pace.  Listen to good songs ... add some new ones to your i-pod so you have something new and exciting to listen to!   Don't let yourself give up ... remind yourself how proud you will be once you cross the finish line.  "Pain is temporary, pride is permanent."  You can do it! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Scott William
on 10/23/07 2:02 am
I already gave you the don't jump in front of a car one.  Besides that, just try to enjoy it.  Keep hydrated and don't be afraid to talk to people.  It makes the miles go more quickly.  Good luck and post that race report. Good luck
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active