Cycling 109 miles post op...questions!!!!!

sjbob
on 10/23/07 1:29 am - Willingboro, NJ
Although I'm barely able to exercise, maybe you can use some Syntrax protein powder mixed with your water to get sustained protein intake.   The special characteristic about the Syntrax products is that they can be mixed without a blender.  You can mix them with a spoon or by simply shanking the container they're in.  Therefor, you can refill water and add protein powder along your route. I understand about training for a ride from listening to my brother.  He does major charity rides and generally rides about 20-30 miles per day for training.  Just for your information, there are a lot of interesting rides along the East coast in the Mid-Atlantic and Southern states.  I know that he rides the NJ Shore to Shore ride every year (Sandy Hook to Cape May over a weekend).  It's about 125 miles and flat and is run in late Spring.
Rob S.
on 10/24/07 5:51 am - DE
I have done several centuries over the past two years.  I always feel great when I finish a ride.   Number one is to keep yourself hydrated.  Some people like to dilute Gatorade.  I stick to water.  Can't stand the taste of Gatorade.   My new best friend is the Clif Bloks.  They are available in several flavors.  They keep you hydrated, help to keep your legs from getting cramped, and give you a good energy burst.  They are very low calorie and sugar, but don't worry about the calories.   You also should should stock up on GELS, which I don't really like but they do help energize you near the last part of the ride.  Bananas are also good.  Make sure that you try anything your going to take ahead of time so you don't get sick during the ride. good luck. Rob
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/07 6:03 am
thanks for the reply. i've tried the accelerade gels. they are good. i think i do not eat enough..it is hard to get in enough calories and i don't do well with straight carbs...i still do the dumping thing.  i've done some protein bars and like the powder accelerade to put in my water.  what suppliments do you do? i've had a few suggestions. thanks!! congrats on your success!! susan
Most Active