Best 5k yet!

Rob S.
on 10/15/07 11:54 am - DE
Saturday I recorded my best 5k time yet.  I broke 27 minutes.  I came in 50th out of 400 people in 26:55.  I also was in 4th place in my age group (50-59 males).   I think a lot of the real good runners may have taken the weekend off, or decided to not participate in the event since mile 1 to 2 was a fairly steep climb.  I actually passed about fifty people on the climb.  Pretty good for an old man. Going to another next weekend, and then get set for my first 10k, the AmeriHealth Over the Bridge Challenge in Camden/Philadelphia.  My goal is to finish and possibly break one hour.  The second is as important, but would be seriously awesome. Rob
MaryS
on 10/15/07 10:49 pm - Long Island, NY
Pretty good for anyone I would say!  Congratulations on a great time!!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Deanna34
on 10/16/07 1:15 am - Salem, OR

Rob, that is a FABULOUS time!  Awesome job!  And no, I don't think the good runners took the weekend off ... you were one of the good runners!!!  And you proved it by your placement!  Awesome!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Scott William
on 10/16/07 2:16 am
Way to go Rob.  I wouldn't call you old.  Just "older".  I think that an hour is well within your capabilities.  I have found that If I start out a little faster than I feel is comfortable, I am able to hang on to a good time.  If I start out slowly, I have trouble making up the time at the end.  I see you breaking an hour. Good Luck
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
striveforhealth
on 10/16/07 9:47 pm - Portsmouth, NH
Way to go!!!  I'm looking forward to passing someone someday! 

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Most Active