I can't work out

easternstar23
on 10/13/07 5:24 am - surprise, AZ
I'm twelve weeks out and now i cant seem to work out..Whats wrong with me!!! I need some advice..
Kevin A.
on 10/13/07 10:16 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I'm going to give you the best advice that someone give me before surgery!! I still use it to keep me motived to work out. You have 12-18 months to lose as much weight as possible after that it gets a lot harder to lose weight. So take advantage of your prime losing time.

Best wishes on your journey!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
rebecca8933
on 10/21/07 11:00 pm, edited 10/21/07 11:05 pm - Netherlands

I think it's still too early to really exercise.

Give your body a chance to heal.

I would suggest walking for 30 minutes 3 times a week, then 5 times a week, then going up to 60 minutes 5 times a week.

After a couple of month of this kind of activity - join a health club and again start slow and build up to 5 - 6 days a week doing 1 hour of aerobic exercise and 2 days a week muscle toning.

I'm almost into my 9th month and the first few months I did very little. I just built myself up to a higher level of exercise bit by bit.

It's true delight to see myself in that room full of mirrors and see thant I'm just a bit bigger than the other girls, I'm able to get through an hour's class AND I'M LOOKING pretty darn HUMAN!

I'm not at goal yet, but this is the first time in YEARS that I can look at myself fully in the mirrors surrounded by all the other girls and be proud of what I see back.

The key is .. to lose the weight you need 5 - 6 days a week .. and this is real commitment of time. After you reach goal - you need about 3 days a week to maintain.

But start slow and choose something you LIKE or you will learn to hate class.

I try to mix it up.

1 day an hour or Curcuit training

1 day Body Pump (light weights)

1 day Step areobics

1 day Tae boe

1 day spinning .... you get the idea!

Good luck to you!

Surgeon, Dr. Dillemans - Belgium
Becky

katesmom
on 10/28/07 6:48 am - Connersville, IN

Im the mother of a 20 yo WLS pt.  She had RNY on 9/11/07.  Has lost 18 lbs since surgery.  I keep trying to get her to walk with me but I can not get her motivated at all.  She is too busy with friends,(LOL)  Any tips for me to motivate her ?

Im hoping that working out  3 - 5 days a week will kick up her loss.

M

Most Active