I'm Running a 1/2 Marathon Sunday!!!

Kevin A.
on 10/13/07 10:08 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
At the very last minute I decide to run the Long Beach 1/2 marathon. I really did'nt think I would get the excitement of running another 1/2 marathon after doing Disney 1/2 but, going to the Long Beach Expo and seeing all thousands of people signing up to run I knew I could not sit and watch everyone else run!!

Its very cool that at a minute notice I think I can run a 1/2 marathon!! Amazing how my life has change!!

Wish me luck on Sunday!!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
dnw0523
on 10/13/07 10:54 am - kensington, Canada
Hey Kevin, My first thought reading this was exactly your last statement.How cool it would be able to "just" decide last minute to do a half marathon and be able to do it. That truely shows your commitment and dedication to yourself. Good Luck! Let us know how you do. Cheers' Donna
MaryS
on 10/13/07 11:07 am - Long Island, NY
Kevin, Best of luck tomorrow - I'll be cheering for you! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

dfpoland
on 10/13/07 4:02 pm - MIDWEST CITY, OK
Way to go! I have Walked 2 1/2 marathons but i cannot even imagine running one. Wow! Deb
Scott William
on 10/14/07 4:41 am
Good luck with that.  I know how you feel.  Yesterday I had to drive through Hartford (CT) to get to an alumni 5K I was running at my old college.  The Hartford Marathon was yesterday and there were thousands of runners out there.  I really felt like I was missing something.  It's nice to be in 1/2 marathon shape so at a moment's notice you can jump in. Good luck  Scott
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Rob S.
on 10/14/07 6:34 am - DE
Way to go Kevin!  I always love those starts, something about gettng the adrenalin pumping.  Hope everything went ok today.  Let us know!
Most Active