Training for the arms?

NYDeebo
on 10/11/07 8:01 am - Corona, NY
I have been hitting the gym hard lately - basically doing an hour of cardio everyday, + 1-2 hours of racquetball but my arms are becoming so disgustingly flabby (Bat wings they call it - I think) - anyways, does anyone know of any exercise routine be it with weights or machines that I can do for this.

I tried to speak to someone at the gym & they said to speak to a trainer & the trainer tells me that I have to sign up for personal training so he could help me. I don't have money like that - so that is why I am asking for help.
Deanna34
on 10/11/07 8:41 am - Salem, OR

Do they have any sort of weight lifting class at your gym?  We have a class called Group Power and it's 60 minutes of weight training with dumb bells that you change the weights on.  You do high repetitions of different muscle groups for your entire body.  It's fun and challenging and it really defines your arms.  Mine are still saggy underneath in the bat wing region but the tops are nicely toned and my shoulders look awesome, if I do say so myself!

Anyway, that might be an option if you have a class like that.

Deanna

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Earl C.
on 10/11/07 11:02 am - Circleville, OH
You can go to bodybuilding.com or pick up a muscle magazine at any grocery store with a 1000 different arm routines, so I'm not even going there. :) But I'd work on what they call the long tricep head...which means overhead or lying extensions, close grip pressing or dips. It seems to fill the void where there is extra skin. I'm old, have big arms and still have the bat wings.  Some guys and gals lose them and it all snaps back into place, some get it cut off, which just looks painful and leaves a nasty scar. I just try to fill the void and much as possible and live with it. Good luck Earl
LaurenKauf
on 10/12/07 1:49 am - West Warwick, RI
Check out trainwithmeonline.com They offer video "How to's"  diagrams of target areas.  and it's all free.  Please if you need advice on technique and stuff, there are forums to help you out too.
Cynde H.
on 10/18/07 12:08 am - Plano, TX
Great question! And some good answers!  I need this information, too.  I'm going to check out the suggested sites.
jlo669
on 10/30/07 7:09 am - bohemia, NY
use the balance ball the half ball flat on one side half a ball on the other.  You do push ups and balance it's great for your arms and abs at the same time keep the butt low it makes it alot harder.  Also take a bench and do dip downs using your arms about 100 times its great for your arms and then some free weights.
Most Active