Grunting at the gym

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/07 3:06 am - Miramar Beach, FL
I've gotta vent for a minute, because I'm too pc to actually say this to the guy in question: "Hey, dude over on the spin bike across from me.  Man, I can tell you're really into it, all hunched over your bike, grunting, and pouring sweat.  Just want you to know that you are seriously ruining my ride.  Are you even listening to the instructor?  When she keeps talking about appropriate heart rates, and saying "We don't want anyone in the "red" zone", she's talking about you!   I totally can't get into my "head space" while wondering if I'm gonna have to start compressions while the instructor grabs the AED. " Why is it that some people think that exercise has to be punishment?  And don't they realize that loud grunting is not good gym etiquette?   Tami
Scott William
on 10/10/07 5:08 am
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/07 5:41 am - Miramar Beach, FL

Hey, great way to add a little strength training to my spin class.

Tami

Deanna34
on 10/10/07 7:23 am - Salem, OR
Oh man, Tami!  I just got the greatest laugh out of your post!  I can totally relate but on the other end of the spectrum ... my last Spin class there were two gals to my right just talking away the ENTIRE class.  I  kept glaring at them and you have no idea how badly I wanted to yell over to them "You know, if you can carry on a full conversation while you're spinning, you are NOT working hard enough!"  They were just yacking up a storm the entire hour of class ... it ruined my concentration and you know full well they didn't get a good work out in if they were gabbing the whole time.  I was so mad!!! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/07 9:54 am - Miramar Beach, FL

Yeah, been there, too.  Even worse is when they want to talk to me.  I want to say, "hey, see that little spot of dirt on the floor?  See how I focus on it?  I want to have a close and personal relationship with that little spot of dirt, and not with you, at least NOT NOW!

Tami

Most Active