Question About Missing A Workout

BroDiamond
on 10/2/07 9:22 am - New Haven, CT

I had planned on doing my workout today but I got tied up in taking my sons to a program and then I work like crazy(5 boys & a wife) I got off at 3pm and had to be back by 4pm(dropping my son off inbetween that hour) and now I feel like I failed at working out again. Is it just me or does anybody else feel guilty when they miss a workout session???

Earl C.
on 10/2/07 11:04 am - Circleville, OH
I don't feel guilty...just get antsy and grumpy. I've learned to schedule the workouts around my life, so my girlfriend and work don't suffer. That's why you'll see me working out at lunch time or just before I go to work in the afternoon (my morning). The home gym and a gym at work aren't available to everyone, so I'm lucky, because they save me a lot of time. Life happens. Just do what you can. Even a set or 2 of situps before bed or when you get up in the morning will put you closer to your goal. Earl
MaryS
on 10/2/07 12:44 pm - Long Island, NY
I agree with Earl - "Life Happens".  Don't let the guilt get the better of you - just recognize that some days you might not get in your planned work-out.  The important thing is that you don't let the guilt derail you and stop you from getting to your next workout. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 10/2/07 9:59 pm - DE

I found that I had to make exercise a job.  Now I never miss it because it is scheduled.  Some people believe in getting in their session first thing in the morning so they do not have any excuses.  I do my workouts at lunch and after dinner.  I make sure that I always have a backup plan, such as heading to the gym if the weather turns nasty.  Don't want to use rain or cold weather as an excuse for not getting in a good workout.  I also take a lot of classes at the gym, and make sure that the instructors know me, so they give me a lot of grief if I miss one of their sessions. Don't beat yourself up, just figure out what works for you, and go after it. Rob

Most Active