Question about stationary biking

Future Legend
on 9/26/07 9:19 am - SC
Hi folks... I'm hoping someone can give me some info. Way back in my building days.. I'd do 30 minutes warm up on lifecycle, then 45 weights, and back to 45 min of cycle..  of course, this is impossible right now. At 285 lbs, I was doing 45 - 60 minutes of lifecycle at 150 - 250 w (progressively), but my tailbone hurts so badly  that I can hardly stand up afterwards so I cut it to three or four 25 - 30 min per day for 7 days a week at tops 150 w.   Am I still getting benefit from this?  I hate to stop but I want to be able to get up without so much pain afterwards.... What say you? Thanks Lori
thenewTamara
on 9/27/07 4:44 am
Hello, Just alittle warning......get a bike with a good seat on it. (which I have now)  I ride it daily. Several years ago when I would ride on the bike I had at the time it would do the same thing (kill my tail bone)  I ended up bruising my tail bone and it took over a year to heal.  Good Luck! Tamara
Future Legend
on 9/27/07 7:20 am - SC
Thank you for your response. I already have a Star Trac.. and I'm not likely to be trading it in as it cost $1500 refurb.  I agree that the seat is inadequate, but I can't find a conversion kit for it.  This is why I was splitting up the time on it.  Today I did 45 min.... rested my tailbone for a while.. then did the standard 25 at 150w. I think I've already bruised it because it's very difficult to stand up afterwards and the pain is pretty nasty... but I have no alternative but to continue to use it.  I was just hoping that I could find out if splitting it into two, three or four 30 minute sessions would be adequate. Thank You Lori
Most Active