question about running

rmrowland_74
on 9/25/07 5:16 am
Thanks for your suggestions. I had RNY on 02/02/06 and I have never experienced Dumping. The closest is this nausea which is horrible. I try to eat 5-6 small meals a day. My next question is I have gained 8 lbs since I increased my running from about 8 miles a week to 20 miles a week. Can running increase your weight or do you think its my two glasses of wine in the evening while doing homework. Any suggestions to lost 10 pounds. I eat about 1600 calories and about 80-90 grams of protein each day with 96 oz of water each day.
JeremyGentles
on 9/25/07 5:54 am - Johnson City, TN
First, you may want to cut the wine down to one glass a night instead of two. Second, in regards to weight gain.....seeing how you are becoming an "athlete" you must start looking at body composition rather than body weight. I know it can be difficult to get simply forget about weight but body weight IS NOT your best gauge of health or appropriate body weight as you become more physically fit, or as I said before, an athlete. I would suggest getting a scale that measures body composition....a good example of one of these scales is a Tanita scale. I just answered a question about one of these....you can find my instructions about how to use one by clicking here. An additional note about weighing....make sure you are consistent when you weigh....don't weigh in the morning one day and then in the evening the same day or another day....weight can fluctuate significantly after you have consumed water, food, etc...throughout the day.

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active