BELLY DANCING / ZUMBA

shoegirl1023
on 9/23/07 9:13 pm - Solon, OH
I just started taking belly dancing and found it to be a lot of fun as well as a good workout. I also took a zumba class a few days ago - for those of u who don't know what that is, it's basically excersise through dance to very fast (mostly latin) music. Again, it was a great workout. I am hoping that between taking the two classes on a regular basis it will tone me up nicely. I am at my goal weight of 120lb (lost 110) and feel great. I do walk every day also. Is there anyone out there who has taken either one of these classes, especially belly dancing, and if so, has it helped with the stomach? Thanks guys Hugs

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

vashti
on 9/24/07 7:51 am
Hi there! I am a belly dance teacher on the West Coast! Belly dance can be great for your core (and quads/hams) but it all depends on who you are taking instruction from and what their style is. I teach classes that incorporate conditioning...in order to acheive isolations you have to have strong obliques, glutes and lower abs.... It should help with lower abs and obliques for sure! ~Vashti
251/242/151/142   
Most Active