Anyone gearing up for Fall races.

Scott William
on 9/11/07 2:34 pm
I was going to run the Niantic Bay 1/2 marathon (CT) and I still might but I am a little under trained.  I was also going to do the Hartford marathon but may do the half instead for the same reason.   What I am really training for is the Disney Goofy Challange where you run the 1/2 on Saturday and the full on Sunday and get both medals and a special, third Goofy medal for doing both. Anyone else training for a particular fall race?  Let's hear about it.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 9/11/07 11:23 pm - Long Island, NY
I have my big race - my dream that I never imagined I would actually do - the NYC Marathon on 11/4.  As part of my training I will be doing 2 1/2 marathons; Dublin, Ireland on 9/22, and Grete's Gallop in Central Park on 10/6.   The Goofy Challenge sounds like fun - when is that?

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Scott William
on 9/12/07 2:42 am
Wow!  Good for you.  Ireland sounds fun.  New York should be a great experience.  I am not sure that I would ever do that one just because I don't like a crowd.  At the same time, I think I would do Boston if I ever could so go figure. The Disney marathon weekend is on Jan 12 and 13, 2008.  There is also a 5K on the Friday before.  I did the marathon last year and it almost killed me.  Why I signed up for this challange is beyond me.  It didn't sound so stupid when I signed up in January. Good luck
Scott

Scott William
on 9/12/07 2:41 am
Rob S.
on 9/12/07 5:26 am - DE
Hey Scott, Funny you should ask.  I have my first dualathon on Saturday.  It's 1.5 mile run, 20 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run.  My goal is to finish the race, figure out how to do transitions, and then start to improve my time.  Then I have a 150 mile MS Bike to the Bay on Sept. 29th.    After that I plan on doing one or two 10k runsin October, as well as the Stomp Out Diabetes (10 miles and 1000 steps)  in Philadelphia.  There is another 10k across the Ben Franklin Bridge sometime in early November.   There is also a skyscraper climb which I might try (not sure yet). I'm doing my first half-marathon in March 2008 (Ceasar Rodney). Stay strong, Rob
Scott William
on 9/12/07 2:19 pm
Well you certainly have a full plate.  Good for you.  I like your dualathon goal.  It is the best way to start.  Good luck with all of it.
Scott

Kevin A.
on 9/12/07 12:15 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Well I sign up to do L.A. marathon in March..I started training for that Saturday... But I might do the Long Beach 1/2 marathon in Oct. Since I'm already trained and its were I do most of my running..

That Goofy Challange sounds!! But good luck!!

Scott William
on 9/12/07 2:23 pm
Kevin, I have to apologize.  I intended to respond to your post on the Disneyland Half.  I got sidetracked and forgot all about it.  Congrats on that.  I ran the Disney world marathon this past Jan and loved it.  I must have stopped for 30 pictures with characters.  Anyway, I like the idea of being able to throw in races if you are already trained for them.  Good luck
Scott

Chunky Dunker
on 9/13/07 6:31 am - WA
Well- let's see... Last weekend I swam a 1.5 mile race across the Mighty Columbia with my daughter. That was fun. I'm doing a 5K on Saturday. In a month I am running in the Great Columbia Crossing that is a 10K that starts in Washington and crosses into Oregon. You run over a 4.1 mile long bridge that gets 240 ft. high, but I'm not worried about it. I ran a 5 K at the Garden of the Gods in May in CO that was up and down a lot, and a couple of weeks ago I ran up to the top of a waterfall that was 650 ft.  I don't thik I will ever be able to run a marathon. 10k races are about it for me. (Of course I don't walk at all.) I ran a 10k about a month ago, and one in June. I pretty much just run all the local races that are about every 2 weeks in the fall. 348/175 5'8"
Most Active