running?

Monica M.
on 9/10/07 11:41 pm - Houston, TX
Lap Band on 01/29/07 with
can you run everyday or are you supposed to wait a day in between? I have heard various things, what do yall do?
Back on the road again!!
290/
205/240150
HW/LW/CW/Goal

striveforhealth
on 9/11/07 11:13 am - Portsmouth, NH
I'm running 3 days a week with the Couch to 5 K program (www.coolrunnings.com).  I don't know if its recommended to run every day. 

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

MaryS
on 9/11/07 12:42 pm - Long Island, NY
While it's fine to do cardio every day, I wouldn't recommend running every day, especially starting out.  I'm training for a marathon and the coach has the advanced and intermediate groups running 5 days a week and the beginners 4 days a week. Good luck with your running - it's so much fun!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Scott William
on 9/11/07 2:30 pm
Real serious runners will run 6 days a week.  Some times they will run twice a day.  These are people that can win money running.  I have an 8 day work schedule with 5 days on and 3 off.  That works out perfectly for training as I run every other day.  Sometimes I will run on consecutive days but I will go easy.  If you are just starting out, I would run every other day until you can work up to more if you choose.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Chunky Dunker
on 9/13/07 6:22 am - WA
I run every other day. I was doing 5 miles, but with the HOT summer months of 95-105 degree days, I have only been doing 3 1/2 miles. I figure now that we are back to cooler weather, I will up my distance again.   However, In June I started running every day, just to try it- early in teh a.m. so it was cool, and I ran 2 miles on my "off" days  at the high school track which is rubber, but my knees started to get sore, so I storpped after 3 weeks.
Most Active