Changing up my routine?

Amanda Miller
on 9/10/07 2:54 am - Cleveland, OH
Here's the scoop.. I work out at the gym Friday through Monday.  I do cardio on the treadmill for 20 mins (speed 3.6 Randon incline to 6) and cardio on the bike (Level 8 random, between 80-100 RPM) for 25 mins.  On Friday and Monday I do all the leg and arm machines.  I do sit ups and leg ups (dont know the real term) each of those days as well. Saturday night I play ice hockey for about 1.5 hours Wednesday night I play ice hockey for 1.25 hours Is that enough "changing in my routine"  or do I have to actually change what I do at the gym itself.  I switch the order i do things.. meaning when I get there some days I do tread first, then machine, then situps, then bike.. the next day i will do bike, tread, machines, situps..   Confused on what I need to change around and how often? Thanks Amanda

Curvy Consignments
13902 Puritas Ave
Cleveland, OH 44135
www.curvyconsignments.com
Plus Size Consignment Shop in Cleveland

Down 112... 46 to go.

Earl C.
on 9/10/07 12:20 pm - Circleville, OH
Hi Amanda, Glad to see you posting on here. If what you're doing is working, why change? Don't change just for change sake. If you have a reason, like you're bored. Change away. I think you have enough variety in there though. Earl

Regarding exercise routines he's tried over the years..."something worked so well, I stopped doing it." - Dan John

Amanda Miller
on 9/10/07 10:59 pm - Cleveland, OH
It is working.. but I have read a couple different places, and from a personal trainer (which I didnt pay for) that if you keep doing the same routine you get muscle memory and you don't burn what you would if there was variety... Just curious on other thoughts. Nice to meet ya Earl! Amanda

Curvy Consignments
13902 Puritas Ave
Cleveland, OH 44135
www.curvyconsignments.com
Plus Size Consignment Shop in Cleveland

Down 112... 46 to go.

Most Active