Sore Muscles...tips?

birdgherl
on 9/8/07 2:29 am
I am 7 weeks out and started working out at the gym this week. I have been walking prior to this but no weight training. I had 1 session with the trainer to get me started. It seemed like a fairly light workout but for the last 2 days, the soreness and pain in my muscles in really awful!! I don't ever remember feeling this sore even when being beaten up by trainers in the past. I know that I did not stretch adequately after the workout (shame on me), but I am wondering if this is a symptom of something else going on?  Has anyone experienced this? If so, what can I do? I have been trying arnica ointment, and am considering a massage. Any ideas? Thanks for your continued inspiration to get moving also!! Kathryn
Scott William
on 9/8/07 10:13 pm
A massage might help but for me it would be too much pain added to the soreness.  I am not sure that there is much you can do except enjoy the pain knowing that you earned it.  Keep it up, it does go away.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 10/2/07 4:21 pm - OH
I am Pre op but I wanted to get a start on a healthy excercise routine before surgery. I have been using  my ab doer , walking and the gazelle. I am very sore but after 2 weeks I can already see and feel a difference.  Try Soaking in a nice hot bathtub or shower letting the spray massage those kinks out. Also make sure that you warm up and cool down before and after excercise. This will help alot.
"Your BANDestiny is in your own hands!"
Status: Highest weight 378  Prebanding 299.6 Current Weight 244.2
Most Active