Flabby Abs

amberbrown
on 9/6/07 8:12 am - Chicago, IL
I am down 180 pounds and have worked out throughout my loss. But I am at a point now that I have flabby abs that make it look like I have 4 boobs.  Is there anything that anyone can recommend, other then surgery which I can not afford, to help me reduce and tighten that area?  Thanks!
Vivian Prouty
on 9/9/07 10:55 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Linda, I wish that I could tell you that I do but I don't.   I was faced with the same problems ( you can view my photos on my profile if you would like ) but I had to have a LBL (lower body lift) to get rid of that skin.   I was told that NO amount of exercise would tighten up my stretched out loose skin.   If it is any help....there are finanace co. just for PS that will give you interest free loans for one year.   I might try pilates...but I don't really think that will tighten it.   I am doing 2 pilates classes, 1 yoga, 1 core and 1 Zumba class a week trying to get my abs to finish tightening up from my PS.    It is slowly working somewhat after I had muscle tightening too. Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Mercedes Dunn
on 9/12/07 1:57 am - Worcester, MA
IF there is that much skin you should consult with a doctor at least.  But either way the best thing to do is perform core exercises tightening up the back and stomach muscles.  Your muscles can be tightened and firmed with proper exercise.  Only once you lower your body fat percentage, not weight, body fat will you be able to truly know if you need and how much you need to have skin removed.  It can be a long process so be patient.  Get a body fat percentage test done at your local gym and see where you stand.  Read the article below to get a more in depth view of how to get rid of or lesson your loose skin.  http://bodybuilding.com/fun/louis13.htm
Mercedes
Most Active