So sad to say...

Candice T.
on 8/31/07 4:03 am - Charlotte, NC
I am now seven weeks post op and I can say...with my head hung low...that I have not done any exercise to date. I am definatley feeling it in my weight loss.  Where do I begin...  Do I jump on a treadmill for 30 minutes or what?  I have thought about getting a personal trainer for accountability, but not sure.  Please spead some wisdom...

“Kindness is more than deeds. It is an attitude, an expression, a look, a touch. It is anything that lifts another person.”

Leslie S.
on 8/31/07 12:34 pm
I had my surgery less than a week after you and I have to say that I just started working out last week.  I had been way too sore and had some problems with some of my incisions, so I put it off until I felt better.  I was doing some walking at work when I was on break, but I started the gym last week.  I feel GREAT!  All I am doing right now is cardio.  I will start on the weight lifting next week. I just started off on the treadmill for 20 minutes and didn't do too much more than I could handle.  I did make it tough, but not too much.  Now, I am doing 25 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the Rotex Elliptical machine.  I feel really good.  I haven't seen a trainer yet.  I used to workout at that gym several years ago, so I just kinda picked up where I left off...just lowered my standards some.  Last week I only worked out 2 days and this week I am already up to 4 days.  My goal is 4-5 days a week. If you've never worked out before, I do recommend that you see a trainer to get you started. Good luck and if you need anything, I'm here! Leslie

myspace
Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
      278/243/170/140

Cruise Director Julie
on 9/2/07 2:40 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Leslie; Make sure you have your surgeon's approval before starting weight lifting. You don't want to injure yourself.
Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
Most Active