Running and now I Feel Tired, Hungry,Crappy

fooseberry
on 8/30/07 6:17 am, edited 8/30/07 6:17 am - E Falmouth, MA
I started the Couch to 5K program am in my 2nd week or an 8 wk program. You are supposed to run/walk for 20min 3 x a week. I also walk between 2-4 miles 2 other days a week.  I am dragging this week. I can't seem to get out of bed in the morning. I was walking today and had to stop at the store and thought I was going to faint while waiting in the check out line. I don't want to stop the running program as I am a procrastinator and proffessional quitter.  I am looking for some info. I had my blood work done 3 weeks ago and everything was fine.  I am wondering if it is just my fat body rebelling against the exercide or what. I have been craving carbs and eating them so in the last 2 days I have tried to eliminate most but still not feeling better. I have upped my B12 from 2x a week to everyother day and pushing the fluids. Got any input?? Jennifer
Post op -306
Current - 189
Goal - 171
Come to my Blog and say Hello!      http://fooseberrypie.blogspot.com/
Fooseberry Pie
janiej
on 8/30/07 9:32 am - Independence, IA
I've had that feeling off and on this summer - for me it seems to be I'm eating so many fruits and veggies and not getting enoug protein.  When I concentrate back on the protein my energy also goes up....  Just a guess... Janie
Janie 
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/07 12:32 pm - Miramar Beach, FL
I had lap band, not rny, so I don't know whether my experiences will apply!  But, I eat 3/4 c. Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with 1/3 c. 1% milk when I get up in the morning.  It fills me up, and I really enjoy it.  Plus, I get protein and fiber, which are important, regardless of your wls type! After my workout, I eat 1/3-1/2 c. 2% cottage cheese with a 1/2 fresh peach, chopped, and a small handful of fresh blueberries.  More protein + fiber *and* it's tasty.   OK, so I'll admit to being ignorant about the nutritional requirements of other types of wls, *but* I do believe if you eat solid, whole foods, in modest quantities, you'll feel great!   Tami
Most Active