Please Help!!!

kago16
on 8/27/07 10:51 am - central pa, PA

I have a trial pass to gold's gym. On my first trial day (Saturday) the trainer worked out with me. He worked me so hard, but when i left i felt ok...just some slight pain.  The next day my body TRULY felt like a truck ran over me. Everywhere hurts so much!  Is this normal? Should i keep excercising even though my body really achs ? I have been doing mostly tredmill since then. Today i felt a little bit better and i decided to do the same machines the trainer worked with me on. Well my body is killing me again. Please someone help beacuse i dont know if this is normal or if i should stop . So far i really like that golds. I dont have the same comfort level at curves, but i keep telling my self im not at the gym to make friends and the only way i am going to look like all those good looking people in the gym is to work out and stop hiding.  They have great equiptment and services. My only complaint is their price is CRAZY! at least on my budget. They are asking $38/mo with a 9month-1yr contract. Can someone tell me if this price is reasonable (other than curves this is the only gym ive ever really considered for membership).  Thanks

370/255/150---High/current/goal

Earl C.
on 8/27/07 11:42 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Yep! Getting sore, especially at first is fairly normal.  Some people think they didn't have a good workout if they're not sore for 3 or 4 days after a hard workout. You might want to ease up just a little if it's totally disabling you and work your way up again. There's good pain and bad pain too. Bad pain is like a muscle pull or broken bone, good pain is a dull ache for a well worked muscle. After a good calf workout I'm walking funny for 3 or 4 days. (well I walk funny all the time...but still...it hurts.)  There's this funny little thing call DOMS too, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. You don't get sore the day of your workout or the day after...but the next day...truck hits you, slams on the breaks and backs up over you again. The membership fee of 38.00 a month is about average. We have a new Gold's here in Columbus that's about 3 times that. But I'm paying about 34.00 at Power Shack. I used to spend more than that on cookies in a month. Good luck Earl
kago16
on 8/27/07 1:45 pm - central pa, PA
Hi Earl, Thanks for the info. I will jus****ch it and take it a bit easier until it stops. For your $34 membership did you have to pay any money down and also did you have to pay start up registration fees?  Thanks again

370/255/150---High/current/goal

Earl C.
on 8/28/07 2:08 am - Circleville, OH
Every gym is different. I didn't have to pay a registration fee or pay any down if I set up a automatic payment through my checking account every month. Gold's gym isn't for everyone, so they charge a little bit more. You can get a cheaper rate at a big chain gym like 24 hour Fitness but I think they're over crowded and don't have the equipment for my needs. Good luck. Earl
carlaplank
on 8/28/07 12:58 am - Albany, NY
http://www.planetfitness.com/loc.asp?s=pa The above is a link to planet fitness.  The have very reasonable rates here in NY. I just joined for a year for $99 ($8.25/mo)  24 Hours but no group workout classes.   There are about a dozen gyms in PA.  Good Luck. Carla
Andrea D.
on 9/3/07 11:45 am - Hampton, VA
VSG on 02/26/08 with

I liked Golds gym. I had a membership to one in Philadelphia. That was 6 years ago at 35.00 a month. I belonged to other gyms that were around the same and I used to take aerobic classes at church and community centers for 3.00 a class. So if I went 3 days a week it would be around 36.00 a month so for me anything around 35.00 is great. Right now I pay 35.00 amonth at the Y for my family since Im the only one tha really goes Im still happy with the price.

for me soreness is good but if Im in pain then I know I did too much and avoid exercise on those areas for a couple days.

Good luck!

Most Active