Am I ready to go back to the gym???

blessmysunnysoul
on 8/26/07 10:04 am - rio dell, CA
I forgot to ask my surgeon if i could go back to the gym or not.....I am going to be a month out on tuesday. I have a great gym ( Ladies workout express) I also have gym equipment at home and a nice big elliptical. I could use a sample workout to start with.....I need some release since i cant eat!!!

All that spirits desire, spirits attain. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/07 2:56 am - 5K from Everywhere, MN
This early out, you'll want to stick with cardio and avoid things that might put too much of a focus on the core, as you're still healing. Try as much as you can fit of the elliptical, do some wrist weights with the arms (if surgeon ok's you for it at this point).  But I would avoid going for the full-on, ab-involving lifting or really strenuous cardio.  You don't have to push yourself too hard to burn fat - we burn it more efficiently when we work at a moderate or even a walking pace. That's the general guideline, anyway.  Most surgeons say walk/non-strenuous cardio for the first six weeks, with a restriction on lifting.  Hopefully your surgeon will let you know when they agree it's ok to go "full-out" You'll be at that point before you can blink, though!  Give yourself time to rest and heal.
Most Active