Tighter abs, flabbier gut?

Jen O.
on 8/16/07 3:10 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I've been working out with a personal trainer since the end of May. During this time, I've been focusing a lot on core, plus a few other spots. I definitely see better definition in my arms and legs. My abs, I'm sure, are feeling the affects. But what I actually am seeing in this area is a FLABBIER gut. It looks like I'm getting "pouchier" in my mid trunk area. Could it be that my abs are toning up, but tightening and pulling the looser skin together so it looks flabbier? Make sense? I'm 2 years out and haven't had plastics yet. Any thoughts? Wishful thinking?
From fat to fit, read about it at:  www.hotfat4sale.com
~Donna~ V.
on 8/16/07 10:41 pm - Orlando, Fl
Jen, This is interesting. I am on my 3rd week with my Trainer and I am also doing pilates which focuses ALOT on my abs. I have been doing the pilates for a few months now. I have also not had any plastics. I have begun to notice something similar with my mid section. I know my ab muscles are getting in better shape because I can tell a big difference in my strength and ability during training. There does seem to be some sort of visual change as well but I can not really pin point it. I have no idea how they will look with the extra skin after long term training. Your theory sounds like that could very well be what i happening under the skin. It is frustrating to me that I can not see the definition that others can see because it is hiding under the skin but I FEEL great and that is really the point I suppose. Take Care
Donna
MsApryl
on 8/29/07 2:16 pm - Pocono summit, PA
I completely understand what you are seeing and thinking I feel the same way the more I work on my abs the more I think I see wrinkles. what keeps me going and how I know that my ab workout is working is how I feel and how much stronger I feel. I have not had a lower back pain in a long time and I am much stronger all around. I am 13 months out and plastics are not in my future. If you wear the right clothes, no one is the wiser of a wrinkled belly. I have not lost a pound all summer but I have went down a size in clothes.                                     Good luck and enjoy your workouts.                                              Apryl
  Happines is not a birthright.You make your own happiness through your attitude and the way you behave.Happiness is a choice. It takes daily practice to make it a habbit.
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/07 1:48 am - Miramar Beach, FL
I think sometimes we seem "flabbier" simply because the skin is looser because there's less fat filling it out.  It doesn't mean the muscle isn't there, though, and regardless of how it looks to you, that muscle is doing you a world of good, so keep it up!  (But, plastics may be the only way to get a firm, taut tummy, unfortunately.) Tami
Most Active