CURVE

shoegirl1023
on 8/12/07 11:23 am - Solon, OH
I AM 19 MONTHS OUT AND 110LB LIGHTER AND AT GOAL (120LB) IS CURVES BENEFICIAL TO ME. I WALK EVERY MORNING. I TRIED GOING TO A GYM BUT PREFER THE HYDROLIC MACHINES BETTER, AND WORKING OUT AT A WOMENS GYM, BUT JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE JUST AS GOOD.

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

KTBee
on 8/14/07 4:19 am
Well it would probably depend on you.   I am only 6 months out and love Curves but I have had to move to the more advanced workout.  I love the atmosphere of the place but I do have to work harder than I did when I started.  I have lost 129 pounds and have so much more agility and flexibility and strength. Almost all Curves have free one week trials available.  At the very least, they will let you do a workout to check and see if it is for you.  That way you can be the one to make the decision for yourself. Katy
shoegirl1023
on 8/14/07 6:06 am - Solon, OH
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY KATY. I CHECKED OUT YOUR PROFILE, AND WOW U LOOK AMAZING - 129LBS IS FANTASTIC IN SUCH A SHORT TIME AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT'S MADE TO YOUR HEALTH. HOW MUCH DID U START OUT AT IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND TAKE CARE. HUGS

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

KTBee
on 8/14/07 1:35 pm
I don't mind you asking.  My starting weight was 367.  I am now at 238 and my doctor wants me to lose down to 175 but I would like to lose just a bit more than his goal for me.  I am 5' 9 1/2'' so I have a higher goal weight.   I have made exercise a part of my lifestyle.  It keeps me focused and is the greatest relaxation therapy!   Katy
shoegirl1023
on 8/14/07 10:22 pm - Solon, OH
Thanks again for your reply, and I wish you much luck in your journey to good health etc. Take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader

Vivian Prouty
on 8/17/07 5:52 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Joanne, It all depends on if you are doing the Curves workout to keep up your cardio or if you truely want to get something benificial out of it.    I went to Curves 6 days a week for 2 yrs.....had a LBL on May 9th.   I went back after 6 weeks off.....my abs skin was a little loose.   Curves was doing absolutely nothing for me.....even the advance workout.   SO I quit and joined a real gym with lots of differant exercise classes and cardio machines and then weight training too.   They also offer a personal trainer for a fee if you like.    After 4 weeks there I went back to see my PS and he said that he could see that it was helping me.   He said that to get a full benifit of a workout that you need to change up your exercise program daily.   Now....I am NOT saying that Curves doesn't work....because I did loose almost 100" there but if  you have already lost all your weight and reached your goal....the only thing that Curves would have to offer you is keeping your cardio up....if you are trying to tone up....I don't feel like it will work for you......That is JUST MY opinion from my experience.   Hope that helps you out.....a regular gym is the same price as Curves monthly dues. Hugs and  blessings ~~~ Vivian
shoegirl1023
on 8/17/07 7:10 am - Solon, OH
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY AND INFO VIVIAN, I APPRECIATE IT. HAPPY PUMPING UP THOSE MUSCLES!!

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader

Most Active