Calf exercises

michelle71
on 8/12/07 4:43 am - Weiser, ID
Does anyone know of a good calf exercise?  I feel that they look a little flabby...I guess that's how I would describe them.  I would like to get them more defined and look nicer.  I will take any suggestions as to what to do at the gym or even any exercises that will work at home. Thanks.

K B (Tucson)
on 8/12/07 8:31 am, edited 8/12/07 8:31 am - Tucson, AZ
The easiest is standing calf raises.  Place edge of feet on a step and use flex your legs up and down, streching the calves.  You can do this with or wicthout holding weights in your hands at the same time. Do at least 2 reps of 12-15.
Chris G.
on 8/14/07 12:37 am
The exercise the other poster wrote about is a good exercise that can done either at home or at the gym (with or without weights).  Depending on your gym's equipment, there can be machines for standing calf raises, donkey calf raises, and seated calf raises.  You can also do 1-leg toe raises, which can be done with or without weights.  If you ask a trainer or someone at the front desk they should tell you if they have any of those machines.  If not, then standing calf raises or 1-leg toe raises can be done on the edge of a step with or without a machine.   Good luck!
Most Active