Abs???

LisaAC
on 8/4/07 10:47 am - Philadelphia, PA

Ok, I understand the extra skin and I'm doing my best with what I've got.  Lots of walking, step climbing, squats, weights, etc.  But I hate my upper abdomen!   People who know how much weight I;ve lost have been scolding me to wear smaller clohtes, but the problem is...my abs are...lumpy!   It doesn't seem to be shrinking at the same rate all over and it looks weird.  I don't want to show that off!  There must be something I can do! Anyone got any good exercises I can do at home?  I've got one of those big exercise balls and some handweights, if they're any help for this.  I also have sciatica, which has improved immensely with my weight loss, but still limits me as far as sit-ups. I'd be grateful for some suggestions! Lisa

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Vivian Prouty
on 8/5/07 2:09 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Lisa, I had a LBL 12 weeks ago and my skin is thick on my abs....so I joined a gym.   I also have a exercise ball and weights.   I do 2 pilates classes a week and do a yoga class too.   Also I walk on a treadmill and do exercise bike.   You can do crunches on the exercise ball.   You can also steady yourself on that exercise ball and lean back just enough till you feel the pull in your abs.   That will also tighten those abs.   Hope this helps you....this is what I have been doing for a couple of weeks and my PS said that it looks as if it is working. Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian
Most Active