New to this board

sandann
on 7/27/07 12:12 am - CA

Hello all, I'm new to the Exercise & Fitness board.  I'm 11 months post VSG, and love it!  I've lost a total of 89 lbs and 120 inches.  I'm 11 lbs from my Dr.'s goal and 21 lbs from my personal goal. I have appt with a PS on 20 Aug.  I do realize it's a little early for that, but want to check out my options. I joined a fitness center this week and had my first work-out last night.  It felt wonderful and I'm excited about that.  I'll meet with personal trainer Mon. to figure out my routine. I really hope to see some results with this, I've got really jiggly thighs and arms!  From any of you more experienced in this, will I truely see a difference from the work outs?  Can I expect to see  weight gain in the beginning from muscle toning?  I'm so ready to be at my goal and would love to be by my 1 year surgery anniversary which is 5 Sep. Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated.

Sandann      VSG 9/5/06     245/150/144 - Pre op BMI 40/Current 25

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/07 6:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Sandann, I also am fairly new to this board too.   If you haven't been exercising at all then you might see some weight gain from building muscles since muscle weights more than fat.   But it is JUST a number on that scale....remember that......don't base your failures and successes on those numbers.   I also joined a new gym this past tuesday.   I had been going to Curves for 2 yrs and I had a LBL 11 weeks ago Curves was doing nothing for me so I changed gyms.  My abs are still a little fleshier than I want them to be due to the fact that my skin was very thick on my abs ( Gee....whiz.....use to tell everyone that I wasn't fat....just had THICK SKIN....never thought that it was true though,....LOL ).   The personal trainer has been working with me there too and he has me so sore it hurts to move but yet I keep going back everyday and changing up my workouts.   Also I have done to Pilates Classes this week that were each a hour long.   SO far I am loving it....blisters on my little toes from the tennis shoes and all.   LOL  Congradulations on your WL and inches.   Sounds like you have done great.   Good luck to you on your upcoming workouts and on you Anniversary date too. Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian
sandann
on 7/28/07 12:40 am - CA
Thanks Vivian, I do appreciate you responding to my questions.  By the way, You have done an AWESOME job, many congratulations to you. So far, I feel great I joined the fitness center on Wed. evening and I've been the last 2 days and plan to go again today.  It's a 24 hours center, so it's easy to find a time to go.  Until I meet with the PT I'm just doing my own workout.  Yesterday I walked a mile on the treadmill in 16 min...wooohoooo(wasn't even winded)!  Then I worked out on the other equipment for about 45 minutes.   Today the scale is up a lb and half, but I'm not too worried about that.  Like you said that is only one way to measure our success. Hey, I can relate with you about thick skin...I always said I had very heavy bones...I sitll think that to be true Have a GREAT weekend!  

Sandann      VSG 9/5/06     245/150/144 - Pre op BMI 40/Current 25

Most Active