Is working out killing my appetite?

Just Mel
on 7/25/07 5:56 am - Brick, NJ
Hi All, I haven't posted yet on this forum but I posted this on both the RNY and main message boards and no one's responded so I thought I'd try my luck on here.  I have been working out really hard lately with a personal trainer and I've noticed over the last two weeks that my appetite is shot.  I say appetite like I was eating a tremendous amount of food or something (so not the case at all).  To be honest though I was at the point where when lunch or dinner time rolled around I was hungry (not starving but I knew it was time to eat and had my refried beans or soup or whatever).  However, now I have zero interest in eating and I'm forcing it down but it's not the easiest and I'm getting full faster which concerns me because I was told if you're working out hard you definitely need to be getting in the proper amount of nutrition.  With my fluids I'm all good so it's just a food issue.  Has anyone else ever encountered this problem or do you think it's something else?  I have an apt with my surgeon on Friday so I'm going to ask (he'll probably laugh at this one).  To be honest I'm afraid I'm not getting in enough food and my hair is already falling out in clumps as it is. 
I tried every diet in the book. I tried some that weren’t in the book. I tried eating the book. It tasted better than most of the diets...
~Dolly Parton
243/238/159/135
Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
Amanda K.
on 7/29/07 11:32 am - Leesburg, VA

Are you drinking tons of water while working out?

Most Active