Question for joggers...

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/07 12:11 am - PA

I am 16 months out and still not at goal. *sigh* BUT I am doing everything I can to get there. I have a personal trainer and through him have recently discovered that I can RUN!!  Now these were short distances for speed.  Before WLS, I couldn't run anymore because of knee/ankle issues. Now, I 've decided I want to jog on my "off PT" days and I have gotten together with some ladies from my local support group to meet at a track and walk.  I made my first attempt at jogging there (where I felt SAFE with my girls) and was completely thrown for a loop! My knees don't hurt, my ankles don't hurt, I don't feel like an elephant, BUT my butt hurts!  The skin from the weight loss causes all this extra "jiggle" when I run and it really bothers me.  It actually hurts!  Now I know they make sports bras for us ladies, but sports panties??? Does anyone know of anyway to combat this?  I've been thinking of even wearing a girdle, but I don't want to feel all bound and confined when I am exercising.  Any ideas?

Scott William
on 7/25/07 3:36 am
Here is a link to an example of compression shorts.  You wear them under your shorts and they help hold everything together.  They are tight on purpose.  They have then at pretty much every athletic wear store and occationally, you can find them on the cheap.  I have blown out two pair in a year from my legs rubbing together. http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&cat alogId=40000008000&storeId=8000&partNumber=732188&memberId=- 2000&link=1&cm_ven=ps_Tleader&cm_ite=datafeed&source=14804&c m_pla=pd_inclusion&cm_cat=datafeed This is the link.  You can find them cheaper than this but I just found this as an example Scott
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/07 4:41 am - PA

Thank you so much!!! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! The idea that I may actually become a "runner" is absolutely blowing my mind!

Most Active