post-plastic exercise?

Mary_W
on 7/22/07 8:27 am - Brandon, MS
I'm about 7 weeks post-op.  I've been released to do what I feel up to.  I've started exercising again, but just walking and the elliptical.  How long do you typically wait to start weights?  I've never been a regular exerciser, so I'm starting fresh. haha.  new body new me. but i have to say it was quite amazing to workout on the elliptical and not have a floppy belly all over the place.  i was so excited.  :)  hope this feeling lasts. mary 

Vivian Prouty
on 7/23/07 7:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Mary, I am 10 weeks post op from LBL and I was told last week that I could start with weights but not over 10 lbs.   My PS said that I need to change up my exercises everyday in oder to see results.   I need to work on my skin on my abs.   My skin was very thick there and so my abs aren't tight like I want them to be.  Hopefully I will see results soon.    I have quit Curves ( I have gone there everyday for the last 2 yrs ) since there is no way that I could change up my exercises since they don't offer anything other than their circuit.   I am joining a regular co ed gym tomorrow and going to their pilates class tonight.   I am so very excited about that.....my PS said that pilates is excellent to tighten up those abs.    Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian
Most Active