bellydancing

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/07 7:17 am, edited 7/20/07 7:22 am - philadelphia, PA
ok ladies, we all hate to workout right!:) well listen to this. i have been married to an egyptian man for 10 yrs (divorced last month), and i absolutely love the culture. one thing that they sure know how to do though is bellydancing. years ago he got us a satelite that allowed me to see some of the stuff they do over there and one thing i fell in love with was the bellydancing. its nothing like the junk you see over here..so i started imitating them...i wasnt working so i had nothing else to do all day. after a while i noticed i was developing some pretty good looking muscles that i could see even under my fat tummy.   so i have been doing this for years now and i buyy dvd's whenever i can.   now i feel so awesome when i do it, and can even choreograph my  own thing. i go to this egyptian cabaret in philly and once after seeing me on the dancefloor, the bellydancer came to me on her way out to do her performance and grabbed my hand urging me to go up!! now egyptians looooove big girls so this didnt make me feel shy at all...over there to see a skinny bellydancer isnt fly and she will not make good money either. i think its funny how these american men are so against us fat girls, but give us a tall dark and handsome with an accent and he is all game for us!!! which is why i dont date american. anyyyyway, i just wanted to share this with ya'll because i know we are always looking for funner ways to exercise. the costumes are awesome too. and dont ever think you cant fit them well because the most desired ones are the full cabaret dresses that hold it in and cover up with sexy little slits all over...the men really love these better as they show the surves better and leave room for mystery. check out bellydancewithk.com and baladiboutique.co or find some others  online:)
Most Active