Exercise Bike Question

maddiegabbie
on 7/20/07 3:14 am - Macclenny, FL
    I am 7 weeks out and am still trying to find my "niche" as far as exercise goes....before surgery I was doing a little of the Winsor pilates tape and enjoyed the little bit of that I was able to do and look forward to ONE day being able to do the entire thing....anyhow, I don't think that it did much for me s far as the cardio goes and that is where I really suffer..   My question is....should I ride a shorter length of time HARDER or should  I ride a longer length of time at a more leisurely rate? My bike keeps track of time and miles but I don't know which is best to track......any thoughts?       
MaryseL
on 7/22/07 5:09 am - Baltimore, MD

With exercise, the thing that was hardest for me to learn was that all of it was important:  intensity (how hard you pedal), duration (how long), and frequency (how often).  If I were you, just recovering, I would concentrate on frequency.    I would focus on committing to a cerain number of days of exercise on this bike and keep upping the days of exercise until you reach 7 (they don't have to all be biking).  One day could be a walk.  Another housecleaning. Anything to get you moving every day for at least 20 minutes.  Good luck!  Maryse

Most Active