I Finished My First 1/2 Marathon!!!

Kevin A.
on 7/15/07 2:55 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
It was the RiverRun 1/2 marathon in Victorville,CA.. If you don't know were that is... Consider yourself lucky!!

The first 3 miles of the run/walking was on dried up river bed and it was like running at the beach!!! Very tough!! The next 7 miles was through residential streets up and back down the same streets. The last 3 miles was back through sand and the desert heat!! It was a very tough run! I finished 3:39!! I was phyically spent after the run!! I was suffering from dehydration. My legs started cramping and I got dizzy when I stood up. I could not walk to the car at the race!! I was very fortunate to have run the race with Kirsten who ran great and even though she was in bad shape herself nurse me to health!! THANK YOU!! Kirsten!!!

My goal was to get under 3:30!! But considering how tough it was I know I will do better for the Disney 1/2 Marathon!!

I could have never done this a year ago!! It been an amazing journey!!!

49 Days till DISNEYLAND!!!!!!

Then I can stop all this $@* running!!!
Scott William
on 7/15/07 10:06 pm
Congrats on finishing your first half.  I notice a huge change in runing in the heat.  A lot of it for me is psychological.  The heat sucks.  Way to go. BTW, I am signed up for next years Goofy marathon and a half at Walt Disney World.  If you have as much fun as I did at the 07 WDW marathon in January, you will have a blast.  Good luck Scott
Earl C.
on 7/16/07 10:53 am - Circleville, OH
Congratulation Kevin. I can't even imagine running for three and a half hours, let alone on the sand. Great job. Earl
MaryS
on 7/17/07 1:41 pm - Long Island, NY

Kevin, Great job - isn't it amazing to run a half-marathon?  Good luck in Disney - the heat really does make a difference, so hopefully you will have better weather for the race.

I'm just starting training for my first marathon; I'm planning to do the NYC marathon on 11/4.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active