Dancing for weight loss?

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/07 4:02 am
Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum... Lot's of great info!   I don't know if any of you have this problem but I have always been VERY self conscious about dancing in public. (which really stinks if your husband is Brazilian and loves to dance!)  The sad part is that I love it too with enough Margaritas, but I am so mortified that I must look so ridiculous try to shake a booty this size... I know I shouldn't care, but I do.... Does anyone know of any terrific video workouts that are for dancing, preferrably samba or anything like it?  I was thinking that I would lose weight and gain more confidence so that I would enjoy dancing instead of dreading it!  Ideas anyone??? Lisa
li3Ruch
on 7/13/07 8:27 am
Ummm ... I have a Strip Tease dance workout by Carmen Electra ...

Beth   
                         ~ 245/160/135 (HW/CW/DW) ~ 

(Highest Weight, Current Weight, Dream Weight)  

I am a healthy BMI now and so I am happy.  I haven't decided yet where my comfort point is for maintaining.  I'm trying to lose more, but I may find out that causes me to have more restrictive daily diet and excercise habits than what I am comfortable with long-term.  It's all about choices!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/07 8:01 pm
Do you like it?  I wasn't thinking about strip dancing for exercise but I guess that would definately be a confidence builder!!!! Thanks for the idea...
li3Ruch
on 7/14/07 12:41 am
I do like the video.  The only problem is I have 3 girls at home and it's too sexy for me to be comfortable doing the video in front of them.  So I can't use it for a regular physical activity because one of them is ALWAYS home! :)

Beth   
                         ~ 245/160/135 (HW/CW/DW) ~ 

(Highest Weight, Current Weight, Dream Weight)  

I am a healthy BMI now and so I am happy.  I haven't decided yet where my comfort point is for maintaining.  I'm trying to lose more, but I may find out that causes me to have more restrictive daily diet and excercise habits than what I am comfortable with long-term.  It's all about choices!!!

Rianne D.
on 7/14/07 2:16 pm - MO
I have MTV's The Grind and also Paula Abdul's Get Up and Dance.... I absolutely LOVE both of them....they are a great workout and are quite fun as well!  Paula's one also taught me some fun dance steps! I got both of mine from amazon for like $2 apiece....:-D There are ALL kinds of dance workout videos though check out this link for just a few that amazon found with workout dances typed in:: http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-4594082-1071357?initial Search=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=workout+dance s
Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Layouts

"I come this way only once, so let me do all the good I can, for I
will never come this way again."
scales.gif image by strawberryswirlnet
Most Active